Activities and societies:
- Elected Faculty of Science Representative
- Member of University Senate
- Principal clarinettist of University’s Wind Orchestra
- Publicity and Marketing Officer for Blowsoc
- Vice-President of Lincoln Hall JCR Committee
- Global buddy
- SUMS Coordinator
- PASS Leader
- Senior PASS Leader
- Exchange student at National University of Singapore
- Student ambassador (for open days)
A challenging integrated-master’s degree over 4 years, with the school ranked within the top-10 nationally for research power and research quality in 2014 Research Excellence Framework. The university holds TEF Gold status, and was named ‘University of the Year 2016/17’ for graduate employment by The Sunday Times.
Year 1 (average 82%):
Analysis, Calculus, Computation, Linear Algebra, Probability, Pure Mathematics, and Statistics.
Year 2 (average 76%):
Algebra, Analysis (Real and Complex), Differential Equations (including Fourier Analysis), Mathematical Physics, Mathematical Modelling, Number Theory, Scientific Computation, and Vector Calculus.
Year 3 (average 74%):
Analysis (metric and topological spaces), Applied Algebra (Coding and Cryptography), Fluid Dynamics, Mathematical Modelling, and Scientific Computation.
Year 4 (average 76%):
Finite Element Methods, C++ Programming, Computational Applied Mathematics, and Advanced Fluid Dynamics.